* This page is a work in progress. There’s more to be added, and to be refined.
Server-side developer and systems engineer.
Email is danbrierly at gmail. Github is tfcat.
Backend: NodeJS, C/C++, D, PHP, Lua and Ruby/Crystal.
Frontend: React, Gulp, HTML5, CSS3, native JS.
Design: Photoshop and Illustrator CS6.
Very confident programmer, confidently picking up any new languages and tools as they are needed on a per-job basis.
I design and implement systems of any scale to
ensure the best results; main focuses being client ease-of-use, efficiency,
architectural cohesion and code legibility as to let everything I make be easily
used and extended by other developers.
Created native desktop software, web application backends, designed frontend web UIs and
videogame systems for both desktop and mobile in a multitude of ways.
Examples of my personal projects are on my Github.
Server-side Developer at CREATOR
- Made clicksy.io (a subscription-based SaaS), non-intrusive privacy-respecting online customer insights software. This project was self-lead, but supervised.
- Created a communication system between KhaosControl (Warehousing software) and Wordpress for real-time stock updates for vapour.com.
- Developed in-house software for vapourcore.com, including bespoke customer satisfaction analytics software, a cloud-controlled video advertisement projector powered by a Raspberry Pi, and helped integrate an in-store/online loyalty points and rewards system, increasing customer return rate and giving Vapourcore fast feedback for new products.
Administration apprentice/Graphic Designer at Eastdurhamcreates
- Acted as financial manager and project co-manager.
- Created promotional material (Photoshop and Illustrator CS6)
for our own organisation and the artists we were funding, including (my favourite) an experimental percussion band from NY, Sō Percussion.
* These lists are nonexhaustive; they’re what I thought was most notable.
Newcastle University, Current
BSc Honours Computer Science, currently in first year.
Self-guided focus on both bioinformatics and computer games engineering.
East Durham College
A-Levels, A, A, A, A* in Maths, Further Maths (AS), Computer Science and EPQ (Machine Learning) respectively, was awarded A2 Student of the Year.
- Creator and lead maintainer of a couple of casual game engines.
- Hosted informal PHP coding classes during my time at East Durham College.
- Contributor to the SDL2.0 Wiki.
- Ex-hacker and homebrewer of the Nintendo64 and Nintendo DS.
- Active member of NUCATS computing society.