Server-side developer, games programmer and systems engineer.
Email is danbrierly at gmail. Github is tfcat.
* This page is a work in progress.
Backend: NodeJS, C/C++,PHP, Lua and Ruby/Crystal.
Frontend: React, Gulp, HTML5, CSS3, native JS.
Design: Photoshop and Illustrator CS6.
Confident programmer, can pick up new tools as and when they are needed.
Experience designing and coding systems of many sizes.
Ensures efficient and cohesive results as to let everything made be easily used and extended by other developers.
Examples of personal projects are on Github.
Server-side Developer at CREATOR
- Made clicksy.io (a subscription-based SaaS), non-intrusive privacy-respecting online customer insights software. This project was self-lead, but supervised.
- Created a communication system between KhaosControl (Warehousing software) and Wordpress for real-time stock updates for vapour.com.
- Developed in-house software for vapourcore.com, including bespoke customer satisfaction analytics software, a cloud-controlled video advertisement projector powered by a Raspberry Pi, and helped integrate an in-store/online loyalty points and rewards system, increasing customer return rate and giving Vapourcore fast feedback for new products.
Administration apprentice/Graphic Designer at Eastdurhamcreates
- Acted as financial manager and project co-manager.
- Created promotional material (Photoshop and Illustrator CS6)
for our own organisation and the artists we were funding, including (my favourite) an experimental percussion band from NY, Sō Percussion.
Newcastle University, Current
BSc Honours Computer Science, currently in first year.
Self-guided focus on both bioinformatics and computer games engineering.
East Durham College
A-Levels, A, A, A, A* in Maths, Further Maths (AS), Computer Science and EPQ (Machine Learning) respectively, was awarded A2 Student of the Year.
- Creator and lead maintainer of a couple of casual game engines.
- Hosted informal PHP coding classes during my time at East Durham College.
- Contributor to the SDL2.0 Wiki.
- Ex-hacker and homebrewer of the Nintendo64 and Nintendo DS.